Friday, February 11, 2011

16 & Pregnant: Really MTV?

Hate to love it, Love to hate it, or don't care, either way reality television has broken into the television stratosphere.

However, popular Reality Television shows have become, the show 16 and Pregnant has pushed me over the edge with regards to my tolerance of reality TV.* I can't stand this show, how can you exploit 16 year olds in such a blatant and harmful way. Like Ed Lover says, "C'mon Son?!" Do you really need to show teenagers that are having babies? Really? Awful, Shame on you MTV, but more importantly, shame on you viewers. Thanks to viewers like you, this TV show is possible. Without you, well there would be no show. Why watch this show? What does it add to your life?

If you watch this show, give me a shout. I'd really like to know what interests you about it. Do you feel guilty about watching it? I know I don't have that many followers...yet but hopefully people are catching on and want to read this my 2cents. Leave me a comment and tell me if you agree with my stance or not.

Maybe, I should make my posts shorter so you don't have to read so much? Yeah, maybe? I don't know.

* I am partial to the Jersey Shore. I tend to watch it with my basketball team and enjoy the social viewing atmosphere. This may be a common thread of reality television viewing. However, still 16 and pregnant shouldn't be a television show, even if viewed by a group of people together, kind of like an after school special to scare teens from having sex and showing the repercussions.

No comments:

Post a Comment