Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Battery Life Sucks, My Computer is Breaking after 2 years, what's meant to last?

As Professor Prothero mentions in Professor Stein's article, youth want their happiness now and hopefully get happiness later in life.

I think that this correlates to marketers and how nothing is meant to last nowadays. When I was younger battery life for a cellphone was like a week. Now, I can't go a day and a half without needing to charge it! Yeah, I can text, tweet, take pics, and upload them to Facebook, but is it worth the short battery life. My friend just got the HTC Thunderbolt and their battery life is less that 7 hours of use at best...seriously! You're selling me a phone that I can't use for 8 hours! Engineers, manufacturers, and companies STEP YOUR GAME UP!

Apple, yeah shame on you. I'm going to call you out for increasing this gotta have it, newer, better, and shorter life span of products. Thanks to you something new, but not even, comes out every year now. Like the iPad. We all knew that it wasn't the best product and that you would come out with the iPad 2 in a year with a forward facing camera, maybe Flash if we are lucky, and some other features that kind of matter. SHAME ON YOU!!!!!

It's sad, it really is, because you are making subpar, "HIP" products, that people will buy and then be pissed off later because either the product is already malfunctioning conveniently with your new product release or they are lucky to have it still working but just want to buy the newest, coolest, most up to date thing on the market.

IT TAKES TWO TO TANGO...!!

Consumers, I'm not letting you off the hook. I'm all about new gadgets, but when companies like Apple are so blatant in their marketing I can't help but wait. I'm holding on to my Apple products for as long as possible. Keeping the click wheel, black and white screen iPod for as long as possible until it was too hard not to cave for touch screen iPod touch...yeah it was just so too pretty. Lol. But we need to have some self respect and stop getting so whored out to these companies. They tell us to go out there show our new gadget tell others its cool and have them buy more of it. But, hey what can we do? It feels good to enjoy the new latest and greatest products.

Modern day consumers working the corner you could say. Heck, we're even paying to do it...shameful.

No comments:

Post a Comment