Sunday, April 17, 2011

Millennial Vision

Recently, I have noticed a slight decline in vision. After countless hours in front of computer and television screens, I feel that my eyesight have become effected. Since many millennials have the same habits as myself, will the millennial generation have worse eyesight than generations before us. I'm sure generation X and the some of the savvy babyboomers are experiencing some of the same problems. However, we are the generation with the most prolonged exposure to such __________ (rays?) from screens that I feel we have been the most affected in regards to our eyesight.

Anyone agree? Has any recognized a decrease in their eyesight from staring at the computer screen for years?

What are doctors saying? I'll definitely do some research on this topic but it'd also be great if you smart Middlebury students and the AWESOME and SMART non-Middlebury readers have any insights to what will happen to our sight.

1 comment:

  1. Jamal- I am a Midd reader but that said.... my eyes are horrible. The other day i really realized it when I was taking a photo and when I looked through the vision finder I could not see the scene before me at alll when I looked with my right eye. And I wear contacts. So, your post caught my attention. But I dont know if it is a product of me reading from the comp too much... this problem started in 8th grade when I could not see the chalkboard... But the comp could be making things worse. Oyoy! -Kylie

    ReplyDelete